Thursday, November 6, 2008

Getting to ApacheCon 2008

I arrived in New Orleans a couple of days ago in order to attend ApacheCon 2008. My route to New Orleans was not that different from the one I took to Phoenix a couple of months back. The route was Colombo - > Singapore -> Narita - > Dallas -> New Orleans, with a total travel time of around 37 hours.

What was most interesting about the trip was that I was on a A380 from Singapore to Narita.



This was my first time on this monster and it was a nice experience. One thing that I did notice was tat it had more leg space than the other aircrafts. Also I love taking Singapore Airlines because of its entertainment system. There audio entertainment includes the UK top 10 charts from the 50s to date. I'm a huge fan of 70's and 80's music. I could listen to it all day and still want more... One of my most loved tracks is "Long Haired Lover from Liverpool" by Lt Jimmy Osmond.

No comments: