Monday, September 8, 2008

Axis2 Training in Phoenix

Last week I was in the scorching heat of phoenix in order to conduct a 4 day training course on Axis2 along with Glen. This was the first time I had visited Phoenix. The temperature on Sunday (the 25th) was 43 Centigrades (we Sri Lankans are used to the metric unit system) and it was the first time I had experienced such a temperature. The first thing I noticed when I got out of the Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix was the scorching heat. The air smelt like something was getting roasted :-) , yes thats how hot Phoenix was.

My flight into Phoenix wasn't the most straight forward. It was Colombo, Narita, Dallas, Phoenix. Interestingly 5 of us (Manjula, Nandana, Dimuthu, Isuru and myself) were on the same flight to Narita and from there we went in 3 different directions. Manjula and Nandana were on there way to Seatle while Dimuthu and Isuru were headed to San Francisco and I was headed to Dallas.

The training itself was interesting. It was my first 4 day course. I had conducted tutorials and online training on Axis2 prior to this though and Axis2 was nothing new to me. Its amazing how easy it is to teach something that you've been playing with and developing for so long. Whats more I was conducting the training along with Glen who is a pioneer when it comes to Axis (both Axis and Axis2).
My flight back home was even worse that my flight into Phoenix. It was Phoenix, Dallas, Narita, Singapore, Colombo with a total travel time of close to 44 hours. It was an interesting co-incidence that all of us met in Narita on our way back as well. The others went to Singapore on a separate flight while my flight to Singapore was 2 hours after there's. And from Singapore to Colombo we were on the same flight :-)

No comments: