Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mashup Server as a Teaching Tool

I've been involved in quite a few trainings in the recent past. Both on Axis2 as well as the Mashup Server. The newest on the list was a "Introduction to WSDL 2.0" training that I conducted yesterday. One of the cool tools that I have used in all these trainings is the Mashup Server. The Mashup Server makes it amazingly simple to to create services in a matter of minutes, whats more there is a bunch of resources thats auto-generate for each service.

For e.g I used my RESTDemo mashup extensively to describe how WSDL 2.0 enables REST.

Note : The RESTDemo Mashup does not cover all capabilities of WSDL 2.0. I intend to do a comprehensive write up of this soon.

One might wonder how the Mashup Server helps teach a person Axis2? Well to be frank the Mashup Server is a highly customized version of Axis2. We've used quite a few extension points in Axis2 to make the Mashup Server what it is. Hence its a great case study for the customizability of Axis2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.