Friday, January 2, 2009

Experiance at ApacheCon 2008 in New Orleans

I uploaded photos that I took in New Orleans last November. I was there for ApacheCon 2008 and it was freaking awesome. To start things off I was on a A380 for the first time. ApacheCon 2008 was held in the Sheraton Hotel in New Orleans which is located beside the Mississippi river. I had a great view of the Mississippi river cause I was on the 47th floor. The view from there was simply amazing.

ApacheCon itself was a great event with several good talks and keynotes. A highlight of the event was the "Funeral march for proprietary software".

This was a really fun event where we marched along the streets of New Orleans with the world famous Rebirth Brass Band and ended up in the "Howling Wolf Music Hall". I did upload quite a few photos of this event too :).

New Orleans was a fun place to be in and it sure was a city that never sleeps. It was late nights on a daily basis with us walking from one club to another. Baring a couple of days where I went to bed early the earliest I slept was 3.00 AM which there were a couple of days that I slept at 6.00 AM as well. It was all about getting to know each other in the Apache community and having fun together. It was the best trip I had to the US.

I also took the opportunity the walk around New Orleans. I did visit the famous French Quarter area as well as Cafe Du Monde which is famous for there French Donuts. And yes I didn't forget to get a pack of Cafe Du Monde Bignet Mix. I also visited the Aquarium down there and it was an amazing experience. It was the first time I had visited an aquarium of this magnitude and I made sure that I got plenty of pictures so that I could share the experience with my family.

2 comments:

Ayanthi Anandagoda said...

Breathtaking images from the riverside.. Isn't the world such a bea-u-tiful place..? Thanks for sharing Keith.

Keith Chapman said...

Oh yes it is. It was a Fabulous experience.